Feb 25, 2013

Still walkin'

 As I was walking, it started to snow really hard. These to young women came walking out of the snow toward me as all three of us passed under the bare branches of the Shogen cherry trees.
 This used to be a small shopping center with a supermarket and a couple of small stores plus a coffee shop. I have no idea what will eventually replace it, but it is an empty lot now.
 This is the Shogen cherry trees. The are beautiful in the spring but we will not be here to see them.
 I love the moss on the old cherry trees. I keep thinking that there must be something artistic to do with it but as yet I have no good ideas.
 The cherries are along a ridge line. At the end of the row of trees, there is a slope down to a pond. It was damaged in the quakes and they are reconstructing it.
After turning the corner and walking parallel to the concrete work in the previous picture, I was in a position to see the pond. The water level is very low but during the rainy season, the water will fill the area.

No comments: