Feb 16, 2013

Odds and ends again

 This is the construction at the bridge. They have reached the landscaping phase. In the background you can see the bridge, Izumi Chuo being to the right and Yaotome to the left. Behind the bridge is the soccer stadium and behind that is Izumigadake, the nearest mountain.
 This is a little garden with a Shinto shrine. The walkway on the right is Suisen Dori, Daffodil Road, a pedestrian way that leads to Izumi Chuo
 This shows that not everyone throws their trash and cigarette butts on the ground.
 This is on the first floor of the building in which I have my art lessons. I am very curious as to what they actually do.
 This is on the first floor of a large department store. They are selling cakes and other small sweets.
To get home, I took the subway from this platform. The subway stations are very grey and a bit depressing. I wish they would decorate them like they used to do in the USSR. A few years ago I visited Tashkent and their subway stations are beautiful, each one differently but artistically decorated.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Greetings from Montreal, Canada. When you talked about how subway stations look in the USSR, Montreal's are like that....each station is different and has its own unique appearance. I found your blog whilst doing a search in Google.