Feb 14, 2013

On the way to my dentist's

 This is the bus depot at Izumi Chuo. The long line of people are waiting to go to Miyagi U, or at least a lot of them are.
 I was very surprised because the two men on the right with their backs to the camera are foreigners. Although, there are many more foreigners around than when I first came to Japan, seeing two together in Izumi Chuo is unusual. Actually you often see younger foreigners on the pedestrian deck above the depot. They work at an English conversation school in the station building. However, these two men were a bit older. I think they probably teach at Tohoku Gakuin U.
 I got on the end of the line going to Miyagi U but did not get on the bus. I waited 10 more minutes and got a bus that let me off almost in front of my dentist's office.
 This is my dentist's office. I think that the dentist and his wife live on the second floor and use the entire first floor as their clinic.
 I also had to stop and my doctor's, about 500 meters up the hill. This is the entrance. Again, my doctor lives on the second floor and the entire first floor is his clinic with three examination rooms, an x-ray room, and a physical therapy clinic which is run by his wife.
 On the way back, the shortest route takes me across a bridge. It is very narrow, so narrow that the two wait traffic has to wait until the oncoming cars cross before proceeding.
I also pass a pond. It was partly covered with ice on this day.

No comments: