Feb 18, 2013

More in my neighborhood

 This is the inside of the supermarket next door to my apartment. The sign is a shortened form of "Do Yasui" which is a combination of the English word "Do" and the Japanese word "Yasui", meaning inexpensive. Aside from being totally incomprehensible to most Japanese, it does look foreign and therefore good.
 I am not sure what is going on here, but the pile of stones makes it look like they are landscaping, putting in a Japanese style garden.
 I have shown this gate, behind the car on the left, a number of times because I like it. However, on this day as I passed, I discovered that the house behind it was being torn down.
This is looking through the gate. You can see the large power claw which is used to bite into and tear apart buildings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do Yasui might be 度安い (super inexpensive).