Feb 27, 2013

More walking

 The low building in the front is a children's hospital and the tall building in the rear is a very expensive retirement home, where the people living there buy the apartment and then pay individually for all the services, meals, medical, shopping, etc.
 This was a field and a small wooded area last year. Now it has been cleared and they are starting to build a medical center.
 Here is the first of the actual construction.
 These are storage containers. Because so many houses were damaged in the earthquakes, there are many people looking for temporary storage while there homes are being rebuilt. Little storage areas like this are springing up all over Sendai.
 This is a new apartment building on the west side of Izumi Chuo, about a kilometer from the station.
 Here is another storage area.
 This building used to have a nice little coffee shop that I always planned to visit but never got to. Now it is a car rental office.
Kame House is famous for its hamburgers. Again I have never eaten there but I have been told that it is excellent.

NOTE: Later today I am going to have to temporarily disconnect my computer and move it. I will try to get back on line but, if I have problems, I may not be able to continue the blog until I reach Fukuoka. Therefore, if this is the last entry, please check back occasionally. I will definitely be back on line in early April and will have lots of pictures of both our move and our new apartment. If nothing new shows up here, check my Facebook page for status reports.

No comments: