Sep 17, 2010

Sendai Book Club Night 03


This is the Asahigaoka Shonen Bunka Center where we have our meetings. It has a couple of large halls and about 10 smaller rooms that can be rented by the public. It is so cheap that we rent a conference room for two hours and it only costs us 100 yen each.This is the lobby. Our meetings are on the second floor on the far side of the balcony that you can see on the left. After I took this picture I was surprised to discover that the person in the center of the picture turned out to be one of my grad students. She has started coming to the book club this year.
I walked home after the book club. I had planned on taking a picture of the group, but we got so involved in the discussion that I forgot about it until almost everyone had left. I took this next picture in the subway two days later. I was walking with Ian before he went to work. This shows the subway map at the top and two machines that you use to pay the difference if your ticket is to a different station.
This is the wickets and the office at the Kita Sendai (North Sendai) Station. The subway intersects a train line so it is quite busy here. There are no people in this picture because it is so early in the morning. I think I was on the third train of the day.

No comments: