Sep 25, 2010

Wednesday Morning walk 04


This is what the crushed stone path looks like - very good for walking which, of course, is its purpose.The next picture shows the road from the park back to Kita Sendai Station. It is a divided 4-lane road but it is only a few kilometers long. One time, a couple of years ago, I went in the opposite direction expecting to come out near home, but the road shrunk to a lane and a half and then enter a rabbit warren of short narrow streets that just went round and round. It took me an hour and a half to do what I had expected to walking in about 10 minutes. When I finally came out to some place I knew I was almost four kilometers from where I thought I was. Oh, yes, this was around 3 a.m. I had been out with friends.
This is a side street that we take after the 4-lane road ends in a t-intersection with the main road between my area and downtown Sendai.
Across the street from the Kita Sendai subway station there was a small store that was selling beans, all kinds of beans. Every package contained a different variety of beans.
Walking along the riverside as I approached home, I saw this beautiful flutterby (I think this is a much better name than butterfly, don't you?)

No comments: