Sep 14, 2010

Sendai Station and then walking home 15


Again looking across the street from the sports center, the men's clothing store Konaka, the one that closed, had a parking lot (under the sign on the right. On the left of this there is a motorcycle shop. I do not understand how so many shops in such a small area can stay in business, when everything else is failing, but then I never was very good at business.
A little closer to home there is a sign that I am sure you recognize. It is our local Macdonalds. I have not voluntarily eaten beef in at least five years and I try to keep my caloric intake down, so I seldom go there. But ignoring the calorie budget, the chicken is pretty good. Also in the morning they pancakes and coffee, that I have enjoyed a few times. This is on the main north/south road and about a mile from my place. There is another Mac on the main east/west road and only a five minute walk from my condo. I do not go there, either.
That is the end of the photos I took during this walk. Today is the first day of classes for the new semester, but tomorrow morning Ian and I are going to start our regular Wednesday walks. I will take my camera and start showing you a different part of Sendai. It is finally cooling off. Today's predicted high is only 23 degrees C and for the rest of the week the highest temperature is expected to be only about 27. This means that I will be able to start walking around the city again. I can start the Sendai 33 Kannon Pilgrimage. This has 33 temples and statues over a 50 kilometer course, all in the city itself. I plan to take pictures and then do drawings at home. I really do not like to work at the site itself. The light keeps changing and there are too many interruptions from passersby.



No comments: