Jun 20, 2011

More about Miyagi Gakuin U

 Still at the Piano Pond, I looked down and saw this sad face begging for food. I was very sorry that I did not have anything to give to this fish.
 The waterfall at the end of the pond and the 'keys' which form a walkway across the pond to provide access to the grassy area in the middle from the paved walkway.
 Near the Piano Pond, is this fountain and rose trellis.
 On my way up to my classroom, I looked out the window and realized that the work on the school's coffee shop was in its final stages.
 After teaching a class of two graduate students, I have a conversation class with about 20 second year undergraduates. They are a good class, loud but they stay in English and their fluency is improving rapidly.
 The next morning on my way back to Miyagi Gakuin U, I saw that they had almost covered the house in Yaotome with blue sheets. This is the house that had lost a lot of tiles off the roof and had had damage to the walls. The building going up behind it is a new condo.
 At the Yaotome subway station, I noticed a ladder go up to the roof. I got my camera out just in time to see a workman disappear onto the center of the roof over the tracks.
Reaching Asahigaoka, I discovered that they have finished repaving part of the sidewalk outside the bus terminal. As they are doing in many places in Sendai, both sidewalks and roads, the pavement they are putting in is red. I do not know if this is cheaper or considered a safety feature.

No comments: