Jun 18, 2011

Son of around the neighborhood

 I walked into the parking lot of the sushi restaurant and realized that I could see a greenhouse that was on the next road. This part of the city is interesting. There are rice paddies, greenhouses, and vegetable gardens mixed in with the houses and stores.
 This is the entrance to the sushi restaurant.
 A closer picture of the window in the above picture reveals plastic (or wax) samples of the food that they serve. Most restaurants will have a set of such samples near the door so that you can see exactly what you are going to be served. They are a great benefit to foreigners who can not use Japanese. You can always drag a waiter or waitress out to the samples and point to what you want. I can remember doing that myself a few times when I first came here. The samples are very realistic, good enough to eat. I have seen a number of TV programs that show how they are made and treat the people who make them like artists, which they actually are.
This is the Izumi Campus of Tohoku Gakuin U. As you can see they have completely finished repairing the outside and I believe that all the inside is now usable. There are still a few places around the campus where you are not allowed to go but everything seems functional now.

No comments: