May 31, 2012

More from the park

 The sign on the tripod says that this is a stage for musicians or actors. I wonder if anyone has ever used it.
 The sign says that the wooden platform is for viewing water lilies. Of course, at this time of year there aren't any and I decided that I would not wait to see them, so I moved on.
 A little further on I found this nice little garden, but again it was too early for most of the flowers.
 This old wooden bridge crosses an inlet where the drainage water from the surrounding area enters the pond.
 By the time I got to the rest area, the people who had previously been there had moved on, but a young man was fishing.
About 15 years ago, I lived near by for a couple of years. At that time this park was very rough. The path on the right was the only way to walk through this area. However, over the past few years, they have done a lot of work on the park. The path on the left is one the results of this construction.

No comments: