Dec 14, 2010

Another art show 02


Today I will post the four smaller pictures that are on the counter by the window. The first is a picture of an olive tree and it was drawn with a very fine-tipped commercial pen. The little sign on the right contains my name and the year.
This next picture is a church in Germany. It was drawn with very fine-tipped colored commercial pens, the kind that many of my students use to take notes.
The next is an old cabin in Maine. It was drawn with the same pens as the last picture. I really like these pens because you can get very complex colors by adding many different layers each drawn at a different angle.
The final picture also used the same pens and is of a carnival goer in Rio. You can not see it but the background is composed of about ten different colors and has an interesting depth to it.
All of these pictures were drawn from photographs. I do not particularly like drawing at the site. My preference is to go see something in person, taking a lot of photos, then returning home and working out the picture composition, etc. in my studio. About the only time I draw at a site, I use a cheap pen with water soluble ink and then a brush with water. I have a postcard size sketchbook that I use for this purpose. Some time when I think of it I will post some of the pictures from it.

No comments: