Dec 13, 2010

Another art show


My art class is now calling itself the "Izumi Art Club" and we are having an art show in a gallery in the center of Sendai. We are each taking turns staying at the show to answer questions and that sort of thing. My turn was yesterday and I have to go again today. This first picture shows a woman looking at my pictures (the two on each side of her). The flowers were sent by some art group. It is traditional in Japan to send flowers for almost any public event. The flowers are used to decorate the locale. I think that it is a very nice tradition.
I have a total of eight pictures in the show. The four bigger ones on the wall and the following four smaller ones, which are being displayed in what the teacher is calling the 'Charlie Corner'.
This is what I consider the best of these pictures, so I will show it first. The house is one that I saw in Shikoku when I did the Ohenro Pilgrimage, and I have show it on this blog before.
This is one of the smaller pictures; the frame is about the size of a sheet of paper. It was done with very fine tipped colored pens. This picture somewhat washes out the color, which are a bit darker and much more subtle.
I will post more pictures from the show tomorrow.

No comments: