Dec 30, 2010

Nanakita Koen



The schools are all closed for the holidays so I am not getting my usual exercise. Because of this, I decided to walk to the large part, Nanakita Koen, which is to the west of my apartment. The first interesting thing that I saw was this dead snowman.
I can now walk along the riverside all the way to the park. When they rebuilt the bridge near my apartment, they build a pedestrian bridge over a small stream that had previously blocked the way. Now, I pass under two large bridges to get to the park - the road to Yaotome station that I take to get to the subway and then the bridge carrying the main road from Izumi Chuo to downtown Sendai. The next picture is the view from under the second bridge.

This is a path to nowhere. It was obviously well used and was covered with footprints but it does not go anywhere, just to the edge of the water. Maybe fishermen use it, but it does not look like a good place to fish for carp, the only thing in the river at this time of year.
At the top of the river bank there is a paved path that goes the complete length of the park. As i started along the path, I found four women apparently getting ready for a picnic. I do not know why but they did not invite me to join them.

No comments: