Dec 15, 2010

Another art show 03


Today I will post the four larger drawings that I had in the show. The first picture shows the four on the right. They were the first pictures a guest would see when they entered.This picture was drawn from a photo I took during the Henro Pilgrimage. It is actually quite powerful and it is one of my best. It was done in ink and then shaded with rubbed pencil.
This is two boys in a Rio dump. I took the boys from a newspaper photo and added the junk.
These Italian boats for shipping olive oil were drawn from a picture my teacher took on a trip to Italy. He travels a lot so we frequently use his photos in our classes. After finishing the inking I used a white pencil to gray the boat in the back, giving the illusion of distance and fog.
The last picture was done from a photo that I took during a trip to Yokohama. A sailing ship is tied up to a dock there. I am not sure whether it ever goes out to sea anymore, but it is kept in perfect condition and could easily be sailed. I was fascinated by the shapes and patterns made by the various ship's ropes.

No comments: