Dec 5, 2010

Near my home 17


Continuing along the main road, I reached the intersection at Izumi Chuo. The building in the distant center is the station building and the one on the right is a department store.
Looking across the intersection in the other direction, is a construction site where they are building a four story building that will contain rental apartments. They will be unusual because they are specifically for short term (a few months) rather than the multi-year contracts that are more usual.

Moving to another day, Masayo and I decided to walk to the theater and see the new Harry Potter movie. I took my camera to take photos to show you. The following building that looks like it might be part of Disneyland is actually a karaoke palace. When she lived at home, my daughter used to go there sometimes but I have never been inside.
After crossing the bypass road, we took some back streets and discovered this large fenced in hole in the ground. There are many of these scattered around this area. They a catchments for the run off when we have heavy rain. It would have to be one heck of storm for there to be any serious flooding around here.


No comments: