Mar 30, 2012

Back in Sendai

 A few days after returning to Sendai, I went to my art class. On my way home I found a route along some back roads that I had never before been on. The building on the right was very unusual.
 This was an ad for a restaurant/bar that was just up the street. It is a phoenix, a mythical bird that is repeatedly burned to ashes and then reborn. I assume that a night of eating and drinking in the restaurant will give the burned out office worker a rebirth. One interesting thing is that there is no name on the sign. However, the phoenix was repeated on the front of the restaurant.
 The road had no sidewalks but there was this warning sign for drivers.
 The building in the center resembles the old fashioned buildings in which people stored their valuables. However, this one is new, which is obvious because it is constructed from concrete blocks.
 A black cat was sitting on the rubble that was all that remained of an old house that had collapsed, probably well before the earthquake from the looks of it.
The cat was very cooperative about posing for a picture.

No comments: