Mar 6, 2012

The Bishamon Temple

 On my last morning at International University of Japan, my friend Tony picked me up and took me to the station. We planned it so that I could visit the Bishamon Temple and then we could have lunch together before my train left. On the way to the temple, we stopped so that I could take pictures of this old store.
 What they are selling are snow hats. They are the traditional style hat, made from reeds and pyramidal in shape. The are smaller versions of the had that I wore during my Ohenro pilgrimage.
 While taking the pictures, I notice a really old style fire hydrant.
 We parked in the temple parking lot and, as I got out of the car, I noticed this statue. The sign in the doorway says, Watch out for falling snow!
 This is the narrow road that leads to the temple. The temple gate is just visible in the distance.
 The temple is on the side of a hill. This is one of the buildings, maybe where the priests live.
This is the main gate. The workmen are putting up protective walls for the Naked Man Festival that will be held in another week.

No comments: