Mar 29, 2012

In Toyama

 By the time that we got on the trolly, it was dark, but the inside of the car was well lit. It is one long car but there is a hinge in the middle so that it can get around some of the sharp curves.
 This is the box where you pay for the trip. It is 200 yen no matter how far you go. Actually you cannot go very far because it is a loop.
 I was surprised to find that they still had Christmas decorations, or at least they seemed to be Christmas lights.
 We returned to my brother-in-laws house and then just before 11 p.m., my sister-in-law drove us to the bus stop. It was knee deep in snow but we only had to wait about 15 minutes. The lights in the distance are the toll booth at an exit from the highway.
 The inside of the bus was only dimly lit, so that people who were already asleep could stay that way. The seats were very much like what you find in tourist class on a long flight on a plane. I was able to put my seat back and, after lifting up the footrest, put my feet under the seat in front. I actually got a pretty good night's sleep.
About an hour before arriving back in Sendai, they stopped the bus at a rest area and woke us up. I got out and stretched my legs. I also bought a can of hot coffee. I stayed awake for the rest of the trip. We arrived at Sendai Station earlier than scheduled. To get home, we took the subway and then a taxi from Yaotome station, since we had bags to carry.

I was not home for the first time in five weeks and ready to start my 'retired' life.

No comments: