Mar 1, 2012

On campus

 These icicles are hanging down over the main entrance to my apartment building.
 The road in front of the building is more like a small riverbed. It the colors were greens, browns, and blues, instead of white, gray and black, it would be a near perfect resemblance.
 When I went to be last night, the snow was up to the top of my head. Now, after less than twelve hours, I can not reach the top.
 The trees are completely covered, making them look like the Spring trees covered with cherry blossoms.
 The snow in the internal quadrangle is almost up to the top of the first floor.
 I had to go through this to get to my office which is in the center building in the background.
 The mountains were pretty, although they were a bit gray.
 The trees outside my classroom were pretty but the light was not good because of the density of the clouds.
At lunch time the cafeteria was quite busy. This is a very friendly place. If I sit down alone, it is not very long before someone comes over and asks to join me: students, staff, faculty, and once the university president.

No comments: