Mar 5, 2012

On campus for the last time

 Hnin, my favorite facilitator, wore her native Myarmar clothes to class on day. Later that day she was going to address a group about her country.
 One of the UNIQLO students wanted to have a picture with me at the certification and goodbye party.
 A beautiful sunset with an approaching snow storm.
 For one of the groups I taught, instead of role playing a dinner party, we actually went to a restaurant and shared a meal. There were five students, five facilitators from Ghana and India, myself and an administrator. Considering it was officially a class that I got paid for, I had a wonderful time.
 We all sat at a single long table. As the ranking member, in terms of age, education, and being a faculty member I had to sit in the middle.
 Another incredible sunset.
 The choice of meals on my last night on campus. Notice that they are hallal, in other words they are okay for the Islamic students to eat.
 This is my desk and my very comfortable chair where I spent a lot of time preparing for classes and using the internet.
 On my last morning in my apartment, I looked out a window and discovered that a bug had come to say goodbye. I do not remember the name of these but, if you crush them, they give off a terrible smell. I was surprised that it was still alive.
This was the view out another window. On a clear day, you could see mountains through the trees.

No comments: