Mar 2, 2012

On campus

 This is a typical meal in the cafeteria. The large plate contained a piece of chicken, corn, and fresh Chinese cabbage and cost 220 yen. The small dish with the egg and spinach was 70 yen and the dish of pineapple was 100 yen. The lunch and evening meals were similar but different. Also the flavoring was different every day. There was enough variety that I did not mind eating there every day.
 During one of the breaks, some of the students went out onto the second floor roof and had a snowball fight.
 This is some of the UNIQLO students and my favorite facilitator (right end), Hnin, who is from Myanmar and will graduate with a Master's Degree this year.
 Each Friday, the students left and we had a goodbye party for them. This was part of the food that was put out. It was very good and different each week, something that I appreciated since I went to four of these parties.
 There are no other buildings around for at least a kilometer and the university tries to turn off the lights that are not necessary, so the campus is quite dark at night.
 This is the sign that I found in the main entrance to my apartment building. It says that you should not use the normal exit but to go out into the side parking lots, which have roofs.
 This is the married faculty housing, almost buried in snow.
 It is a bit hard to see, but as I went to class in the morning, the snow was up half way to my knee.
In the summer this is a door, but in winter they block it off because the snow piles up and the door only leads to the grass outside.

No comments: