Mar 4, 2012

On campus

 Nights on campus were very pretty. In this picture you can see the lights on a ski area in the mountains on the other side of the river.
 Even the nears factory looks nice at night.
 The snow-covered mountain in the distance was visible in the last rays of light as the sun disappeared below the horizon. The campus is in the upper reaches of the flood plain of a river and is essentially surrounded by mountains that get bigger as the distance grows.
 The sunset was very pretty. I guess the snow causes the blues.
 A final party with the students from two groups, both of which I taught and my time here will be finished. This was the desert arrangement.
 This was some of the food that was provided. At the party the students get a certificate of completion and there are lots of short speeches, since after all this is Japan.
 When I got back to my apartment building, I found a truly strange icicle. I have never seen one with this sort of shape.
In the morning after I had cleaned up my apartment, I went to my office and did a final check to make sure that I had not forgotten anything.

No comments: