Feb 29, 2012


 In case you have not figured it out, I was fascinated by the snow covered trees. Here are a couple of more pictures

 
 Later in the day we had heavy snow again. On a clear day you can see a range of mountains behind the school buildings. Today you could not see the dorms on the other side of the main building.
 During the afternoon it cleared again. This was one of the two typical weather patterns: alternating snow and cloudy or just snow.
 There is a sidewalk on the right but it had completely disappeared under the morning's snow.

 This round building is one corner of the library. The students can sit at desks in the windows and either study or gaze out at the mountains.
 This is a factory of some kind. I could see it from the window at the end of the hall on the floor of the Research Institute, where my office was located.
 
 I worked late so I was returning to my apartment after dark. The building in the center is the Research Institute.
 I stopped at the cafeteria and had my evening meal and then discovered that it was snowing again. This road is on my way home.
By the time I got near my apartment, they had turned on the water and the road was wet. Even though I was there for a month, I never did get used to having water on the ground when everything else was frozen.

No comments: