Apr 19, 2012

A lot of different stuff

 This is the police training ground that is on the north side of my condo complex. The motorcycle police come here to train. In Japan these police officers are know as shirobai, shiro from shiroi or white and bai from baiku for motorcycle.
 Here is one of the trainees going through an obstacle course.
 After one of my art classes, a group of us went out for lunch. After we ate we were waiting for the elevator on the third floor and I looked out the window and noticed the earthquake damage on the building next door.
 In a yard near my dentist's office, I found this metal sculpture of a flock of birds. If it were mine, I would place it in a different location, one with a background that made the sculpture stand out rather than getting lost in the plants like this.
 After my dental appointment, I decided that I would walk across the new bridge over the expressway and visit a shrine that I knew about. In this picture the bridge is directly ahead. I had previously come down these stairs the last time I had used the pedestrian bridge that I planned to use to recross the expressway.
This is the view from atop the bridge. In the distance in the middle, you can just see a little bit of the expressway.

No comments: