Apr 5, 2012

Various pictures

As I left the bagpipe concert, I looked across the street at the source of some loud noise. That sound was Japanese drumming and it was coming from the campus of my old university, Miyagi U. The drummers were performing under some tents set up in an open area. The structure behind the tents is a covered walkway that connects two of the campus buildings. The roof is supposed to represent the waves in the little pond that lies beyond the walkway.
 The next day as I was leaving home, I passed this little bird that did not seem to be at all afraid of me. I have looked in a number of bird books and have asked some people but I still have not been able to discover the name of this bird. I guess that, if I want to talk to the bird, I will just have to call it "Hey, you".
 The reason I was out that day was that I had a dental appointment. I have a minor problem with my gums and have to go for treatment once a month. This is the little park that is between my dentist's and my doctor's and behind the faculty dorm that we lived in for the first two years that I worked at Miyagi U.
 I have shown the earthquake damage to these stairs in Izumi Chuo a number of times. They are finally repairing the foundation of the stairs. We have been able to use the stairs but there was a lot of damage to the part that it is now covered with faded blue sheets.
 
 This is the tall levee that separates the two ponds. This brick path has had a huge crack in it since the earthquake, but this time when I came it was completely repaired and the entire width of the path is open.


No comments: