Apr 30, 2012

Walking home from Toshogu

 Believe it or not, but this road has two way traffic on it. If I car comes in the other direction, it has to wait at a wide spot or back up. There is a huge number of roads like this in Japan.
 This road is much wider, but it only goes for a kilometer or so before it terminates in T-intersections at each end.
 This is a hand painted sign that shows all the houses and stores in the area, with names on most of them. This sign was in front of a supermarket which I entered.
 I bought my lunch, two egg salad sandwiches and a bottle of sports drink. I sat at a table in a section that is set aside for eating things that you buy in the store.
 I finally reached the end of the hill at Yaotome and could see the mountains through the trees.
The buildings are all down in the valley and the station is hidden behind the trees on the right.

No comments: