Apr 17, 2012

Sendake-in and continuing on a long walk

 This is a large sign outside the gate of the temple. It explains the origin of the temple and what it contains. At the bottom is an ad for a company that sells Buddhist altars for homes. This finished my tour of Sendake-in and I continued on my walk.
 Just a little further down the road, I found this as yet unrepaired earthquake damage.
 After a total of about 6 kilometers, I reached the back of Sendai Station. After doing some shopping, I took the subway to Yaotome station and then walked the rest of the way home. My total distance for the day was about 12 kilometers.
 This is the entrance to Futakashira Jinja, which is quite near my home. I have shown this entrance and the shrine itself many times, but I am posting it again to show that they have final rebuilt the stone lamps that had toppled in the quake.
 As I walked along the river bank, I saw a pair of ducks. Ducks apparently mate for life and this years ducklings should be along soon.
This building is beside the bridge near my home. If you look carefully, you will see that they are putting up a scaffolding to finally repair the cracks in the outer finish that were caused by the tremors.

No comments: