May 24, 2013

A new walk

 I decided to walk south along the Shinkansen tracks, but on the back roads for part of the way. This sign is very confusing because it is located at least three blocks away from the station and there is no indication as to which way you should go to get there. Somethings about Japan really are inscrutable.
 Much of Japanese agriculture is done on a small scale like this. The power equipment is expensive, so often it is owned by a farmer's cooperative.
 Off the back roads and on the main road next to the tracks. I do not remember ever seeing a yellow Shinkansen before.
 When I reached the opposite end of the train, the yard was full of people in uniform. Maybe the yellow train is some sort of practice or training train.
 At this point the tracks are elevated, which is convenient because I want to go under them.
On the other side of the tracks is a long, steep hill. The sun was very hot and about half way up I had to stop for a rest. My goal was a temple that is on the other side of these hills.

No comments: