May 23, 2013

Mirikaroden Art Class

 This is the entrance to Mirikaroden. My art class is on the second floor in the left side of the building.
 I stopped in a men's room and found this interesting sign. In so many words it says to please take your dirty diapers home with you.
 The hallway had little alcoves with some interesting works of art.
 In another alcove.
 Since it was my first class, I did not feel comfortable taking pictures. Maybe after I have become part of the group, I will be able to show you the room. After class was over, I visited the library while waiting for the bus. At one end there was a separate room which contained a little museum devoted to a local man who apparently was quite famous. I could not read the kanji for his name and I did not stay long enough to figure out why he was famous. It was obvious that he did calligraphy and some of his work was on display, for example on both the left and right in the picture. The weird looking thing in the middle of the picture is a natural tree branch that he used as a stand for his brushes.
 When I arrived back at the bus stop near my apartment, I walked home. This little building is a place for the people in another apartment building to leave their trash. At first I thought it was a playhouse for kids. Then I read the signs that give the trash pickup schedule.


No comments: