May 29, 2013

Daitokuji

 It is interesting that there are fresh flowers and other offerings but nothing else is disturbed. The leaves lie where they fell and plants are gradually covering everything.
 This must be popular because there is a little gong sitting on the right, between the statue and the incense bowl. Again  there are fresh flowers.
 I found these stairs going up hill. I hope to explore these paths in the fall when everything will be less overgrown.
 I really appreciated this little statue. I would love to have one like it in my home.
 I finally reached the end of the temple property. The path continued on and entered a housing area on the other side of the trees on the right. The empty property seems to belong to a construction company.
Turning around and starting back, I discovered another statue hidden in the greenery. It was too far uphill and there were too many plants to climb up to it, so I was unable to determine the purpose of the clear plastic box at the foot.

No comments: