May 2, 2013

Flea Market

 This was a "taco" that I bought from the karaage guy. It is a tortilla shell with a chicken sausage some cabbage and taco sauce. I bit different from anything I had ever had before, but it was very good.
 This booth was selling vegetables and fish products. The women that were in it gave us some pickles to eat.
 We bought a bag of these to eat as snacks. They look terrible but at actually quite good. They are a dried bean coated with brown sugar.
 To get home, we took a free bus to the town hall and waited for an hour for the next regular bus. I wandered around a bit to kill time. This old house is across the street from the town hall but on the other side of a rice paddy.
 In front of the town hall building, there is a large sign board containing maps of the town with suggested walking routes. Things of interest, temples, shrines, public buildings, archeological ruins, etc. are marked so that you can stop in at them. A few days later I found a paper version of the maps and will use it for walks around town.
 This was the bench at the bus stop. The flat surface is made from the ends of pieces of wood with the grain showing.
 At the flea market, I bought this drafting set. It was in perfect condition and had no wear on the individual instruments. Whenever I need something like this, I have been using the drafting set that I bought in 1958 as part of the requirement for my Northeastern U electrical engineering course.


No comments: