May 20, 2013

Chirokuten Jinja and Kifune Jinja

 This is Chirokuten Jinja. Notice that it is a building without walls. This part of Japan is very hot in the summer and not so cold in the winter so it makes sense to make this sort of building where the only activity is the periodic gathering of a large number of people.
 This is again Chirokuten Jinja. The building on the left is the place where you wash your hands to purify yourseld and the main building is on the right. On the extreme right you can just see the vertical posts on the torii in front of Kifune Jinja.
 I left the shrines and walked out to the main road that runs next to and parallel to the Shinkansen tracks. This stone structure commemorates the construction of the Shinkansen.
 Rather than walk along the main road on my way home, I turned onto the narrower back roads. Along the way I found this very picturesque irrigation canal.
Back in front of my apartment, I stopped to look at the new plants in their individual greenhouses as well as the field of potatoes on the right.

No comments: