May 7, 2013

Mirikarodan Nakagawa and onward

 As with most public buildings in Japan, I found stone sculptures in the garden in front of the entrance. This was the most interesting.
 Inside the building I found a huge, two-story entrance hall with tables and chairs plus vending machines. I had brought my lunch so I bought a bottle of tea and ate at one of the tables. When I finished, I went to the counter (in the center of the picture) and enrolled in an art class which meets twice a week from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Fridays. My first class will be on May 17th.
 After leaving Mirikaroden Nakagawa, I decided to visit a nearby shrine. I was no longer walking on the new, wide roads, but on the old narrow lanes.
 You can see that the oncoming car is taking up almost the entire width of the road, and it is actually a minicar.
 This mon, or gate, is apparently the old entrance to a private home.
Finally between the trees I could see the roof of a building that looked like a shrine.

No comments: