May 22, 2013

Going to my first art class

 My bus started moving from the intersection so I went back and stood at the stop.
 As you can see, the Kawasemi are very small buses, because they have to negotiate some very narrow back roads. When I got on, there was only one other passenger, although during the 20 minutes or so that I was on board, people got on and off, maybe ten people all together.
 At one point during the ride, I looked out my window and saw this store. The name is in English, transcribed into Japanese pronunciation with katakana. The original English is "World Pet World". Visions of grandeur, I guess.
 We reached Mirikaroden. I got off and the bus left.
I noticed a sculpture near the building so I walked over to look at it. It is a mother and two children, but I did not understand the significance.

No comments: