Dec 17, 2011

The doctors and then home and ...

 After I finished at the dentist, I walked up the hill to my doctor's office to get a refill of my high blood pressure medicine. I walked by a small park and saw these two workmen moving a large two-wheeled cart.
 This is the door into my doctor's office. The office is on the first floor and he lives on the second, a rule in Parktown as I have mentioned before.
 After get the medicine I walked toward my dentist's to a small shopping center. The supermarket that is the core of the center has changed a number of times and at the moment there is none but there are a number of shops. The most interesting be a good bread store where they serve coffee and you can actually have a real lunch. I stopped to buy bread and then had coffee and a pastry.
 This building is my doctor's office and home seen from the shopping center.
 Inside the shopping center they were doing a lot of work. It had been badly damaged during the quake and had been completely closed for a number of months. The space directly in front of the windows used to have a flower shop and a Macdonalds, but both were gone and the area was under construction. The bread shop is on the first floor to the right and the supermarkets have been on the left. There was construction going on in that area, too, so maybe a new company is moving in. Perhaps in January when I go to get more medicine, I will be able to find out.
 This is the display shelves in the bread shop.
 I started home and found the kids from the local grade school watching the janitorial staff burn the leaves that had been racked up from the athletic ground.
This is the little bridge over the expressway. Notice the car in the distance. This bridge is just wide enough for one car but it carries two-way traffic.

No comments: