Dec 14, 2011

Walking home from Miyagi Gakuin University again

 After the leaves have fallen, you can see this pond from the road. On this day there were some kind of white bird enjoying the scenery.
 I have been walking by this entrance gate for at least seven years, but still have not figured out what the building behind it is. It appears to be something more than a single family dwelling place but there are no signs or other information.
 This is a very typical old Japanese house.I believe that most of the time the original building has been expanded, explaining the different roofs.
 This appears to be a driveway, but whatever house or houses are at the end of it can not be seen from the road.
 I crested the last rise in the road and could see the river valley spread out before me.
 On my left was the entrance to a very expensive looking Japanese style home with a large wall around it.
 On my right was a contrasting scene that is very typical of Japan. In the foreground there is a construction company that has a yard full of trash, apparently from buildings they have torn down. In the background is a park with picnic facilities and a camp ground.
Just as I can choose between walking along the main road, the Kanjosen, or the back road, once on the back roads I can choose between the road and the riverbank. On this day I decided that I would follow the edge of the river which you can see on the right. In the distance you can see the top of the fence around a golf driving range.

No comments: