Dec 16, 2011

Walking home from Miyagi Gakuin University again

 It was getting darker and more and more of the houses had lights turned on. My new camera has made this look brighter than it did to my eyes, which is quite interesting for such a small camera.
 Almost to Yaotome Station, I passed a large pet store, the only one that I know of for miles around.
 By the time I crossed the bridge nearest my condo, it was actually quite dark. The lights in the middle are my condo. The stairwells on both the left and right buildings are brightly lit but my building in the middle looks dark. The reason for this is that the other buildings have a front walkway connecting all the apartments on each floor and these are well lit. My building, on the other hand, has three elevators so the front of the building does not need lights.
 The next day I went to my art class and found that what had been a parking lot was now the beginning of a new building. I was only a little surprised to find that they were working in the rain.
 After resting on Sunday, I got up early and headed out to Parktown for a dental appointment. I walked along the main road to Izumi Chuo and was not at all surprised to find a traffic jam at 8 a.m.
 I took a bus to Parktown and walked from the bus stop to the dentists office. On the way there is a convenience store and I saw this bright yellow car in the parking lot. The car belongs to Vegalta, the Sendai soccer team, and the bird on the side of the car is the team mascot.
 It was plastics day for the trash collection, so there were yellow plastic boxes along the sidewalk containing used plastic bottles and other plastic to be recycled. We separate trash in Sendai - burnable, non burnable, two kinds of plastic, glass, metal, and large stuff.
The entrance to my dentist's office was decorated with these little paper dolls.

No comments: