Dec 24, 2011

Odds and ends again

 This is a large log that floated down the river and got stuck near my condo.
 This is the entrance hall to my apartment. Notice the way the red carpet is shifted to the right in the foreground. This was perfectly straight before the quakes. Also the tilt is accurate everything is leaning to the right. We have approve doing some temporary repairs and I will show them when they are done.
 This is the shrine in back of the local supermarket mall, just 50 meters or so from our property. This looks like we have had a heavy snowfall, enough to cover most of the torii, but actually this is ice chips they scraped off the skating rink that is in the mall.
 Here you can see that the torii is not covered.
 Changing religions, as almost everyone in Japan does, I noticed the moon nearing the Buddhist statue on the top of a store that sells religious equipment.
 About half way home along a back road, I passed a badly damaged building. The work crew looked like they were getting ready to tear it down. I will check the next time I pass this way.
This is the administrative building in my condo complex. It looks pretty good at night.

No comments: