Dec 30, 2011

On my way to class

 This part of town is a bit rundown. There are many new concrete buildings but there are also lots o fbuildings like this fish market.
 The road I was on seemed to be going to far to the east so I went down a narrow side street. I found a large parking lot with this structure in a corner. I have no idea what it is but I suspect that it houses a Buddhist statue of some sort.
 There were many small companies that seemed to be engaged in manufacturing of some sort. Most had small parking lots, but many of them were, like this one, used to hold piles of junk.
 I stopped at a supermarket and bought my supper. The large container is Chinese style fried chicken and vegetables. The small pack is renkon, lotus root, which is one of my favorite foods. In the very front, in front of my chopsticks is a small dumpling that contains an, sweet bean paste.
 Since I was early I was the only one in the teacher's room. I ate and then listened to my iPod until class time.
When I got back to my condo, I found that the lights had finally been put on the tree, so it looked very Christmasy.

No comments: