Oct 25, 2013

And home again

 On my way home I stopped at the AU store, where they sell cell phones and the such. I've been thinking of getting a new phone, but at much thought I decided not to. One of the main reasons is that the little camera that I use for taking these pictures is beginning to act up and I don't want to buy both a camera and a phone. I bought the phone for my Ohenro Pilgrimage and it is a pretty good camera with a memory card. So I decided to keep using my current phone and my current camera. If the camera stops working, I will use the cell phone camera. After all, I took all the pictures at the beginning of this blog with it.
 This is the button that you press to get a pedestrian light at the intersection. I have shown one before but this one is a lot clearer, I think. The black band at the top contains LED lights that form the words Please wait. The grey area at the bottom contains a message telling the reader to press the above button to cross the road.
 This is the stream, not the river, where it cross the main road.
 The Halloween decoration at visAvis, the cake shop just around the corner from my apartment.
Finally reaching home again, I noticed that our laundry was still out. In Japan we do not use ropes for hanging laundry; we use long poles that hang from brackets in the ceiling. The poles are usually metal and about an inch and a half (3 cm) in diameter.

This was the longest walk I have taken since before my operation and, although very tired, I am okay. The next walk will be even longer if the weather cooperates.

No comments: