Oct 18, 2013

The Shinto Shrine

 I walked under the torii and approached the shrine building. Surprisingly, it was completely stone. Even the doors are stone. I can not remember ever seeing a shrine like this. I could not find a sign of any sort and the name is not marked on any of my maps. I will keep looking and hopefully the next time I visit I will know the name.
 As I left the grounds, I looked inside the Buddhist altar. This is all I could see. On the left partly hidden behind a purple curtain were some fresh flowers. In the middle was a statue that was partially covered with a red cloth. The writing on the bottom says, "Number 19" on the right and "Thousand Armed Kannon" in the middle.
Walking home along the river, I had a good view of some stairs leading down to the stream bed.

No comments: