Oct 30, 2013

 Around the next bend in the river, I found the end of the cross-river what-ever-it-was but still had no idea what its purpose was.
 In looking at these pictures, I now realize that I forgot to take a picture of the scene where I sat to do a watercolor of the river. While I was working, two grade school age girls came by. When they realized what I was doing they stopped to talk. They apparently have some relatives who are American, but they were not able to explain the relationship very well. I think their grandmother immigrated to the US and there were children who married Americans. After I while they left to go swimming in the river. For a while the splashed in the water in front of me, but they soon disappeared, although I could still hear them. A bit later, as I was finishing up the picture, a man and his daughter stopped briefly to look at my picture and chat. They then crossed the river and started looking for minnows in the shallow water.
I packed and started for home along the riverside path.

No comments: