Oct 27, 2013

Going out to do a watercolor painting

 As you get farther away from the station, you start seeing more places like this. It appears to be abandoned farming equipment. This area used to be mostly rice paddies and truck farms, but gradually it is turning into housing.
I was walking on some back roads to get to the riverside, when I saw this little building beside the road. It was so small that I stopped to investigate.
Inside was this statue. The shide on the pole in the right corner indicates that this is a Shinto shrine. I have no idea who the statue is supposed to represent, but maybe some time in the future I will be able to find out. It is obvious well kept up so someone most come here often. Maybe the timing will be right and I will be able to meet them and ask.

No comments: