Jun 8, 2015

Old pictures from Sendai

 I found these pictures in a misplaced file and do not think that I ever posted them here. This little pond is next to the road between Izumi Chuo and Parktown. I think that I was walking to my doctor's office when I took this picture. It is a good example of how parks are put in and then, except for once or twice a year tree trimming and grass cutting, they are ignored. You can see how overgrown and wild this place is.
This is the same park but just to the left of the above photo. If you look right in the middle of the picture you can see a small roofed structure. This is a gazebo where you could sit and enjoy the view of the pond. However, it is very difficult to get to because the path is completely overgrown. I have seen grade school age kids playing around it but I have never seen an adult there.

No comments: