Jun 2, 2015

The path along the river

 Some of the path along the riverside, the part in parks, is paved, but a long stretch of it is dirt. This part is a very nice walk since, although in the city, it has the feel of the countryside, the river, dirt under your feet, and lots of greenery.
The dirt path ends just before the river nearer my apartment joins the main river, Nakagawa. The water you can see is the Nakagawa and maybe a hundred meters ahead our river joins from the left, blocking the riverside path. I turn and follow our river to reach home.

It is hard to see but just in front of the tree is man fishing from under a blue umbrella. As I got closer, he turned to see who was coming. He gave me a smile and a greeting and went back to his fishing. I was thinking of stopping to see if he was interested in talking, but I decided I was too tired, so I simply returned the smile and the greeting and continued plodding along.

No comments: