Feb 16, 2011

Out for exercise 04

 I walked around to the southwest side of the shrine to check out the view. To the north and east there was little to see, but to the south the whole city of Sendai was spread out before me. My apartment is in the distance just under the hanging branch on the left hand tree, but it is way off in the distance, at least two kilometers..
 Moving around to the west side, I discovered a beautiful view of the mountains.
 And to the south west I could see the mountains that contain a number of large ski areas as well as a skyline drive that is only open in the summer. Right now it is buried under a lot of snow.
 These mountains are even further away but they were still pretty. You can see the statue of Kannon that I have shown many times.
These buildings on the horizon are the tallest buildings in downtown Sendai. Most of them are around 20 stories tall.

No comments: