Feb 11, 2011

A trip into town 11

 This building is kind of neat! Under the round window is a bicycle parking area. You can tell by the bike sign on the wall. On the left of the building is an entrance to the subway, which makes the bike park very convenient.
 This is the subway entrance. The stairs are out of sight on the right, and the walkway under the roof in the center goes to an elevator. Every station has at least on elevator, most have escalators, at least part of the way up, and they all have lots and lots of stairs.
 This is a new addition to the bus terminal where I get my ride to school. It is an electronic ad board. It has ads for apartments for rent. I do not know if the company placed it here or if they are paying for the time on the machine. I have seen these in a couple of places around town. They must me the coming thing.
Almost home again, I walked by the new fire station and the lights were on inside. The fire truck that you can see is quite strange. I have never seen one like it. On the back is a huge fan. I wonder it they plan to use it to blow out the fires. It would be really useful for anyone who got a truly gigantic birthday cake.

No comments: