Feb 22, 2011

Out for exercise 10

 This is a city truck that picks up recycled glass and metal, mostly in the form of bottles and cans. They are put out at the same place as the regular trash but on a different day. Regular burnable trash is picked up twice a week. Other stuff is collected once a week, or twice a month, or once a month depending on the type.
 This is a little rice paddy surrounded by houses.
 I was almost back to Izumi Chuo when I passed a city gym. My wife and I ate in the restaurant once. I had chicken and they gave me two large chicken breasts and a whole bunch of other stuff. I could not eat it all. The price was about the same as you would pay at other places but the serving was about twice as big. While I was eating the waitress came over and tried to give me more rice. I would have preferred a second cup of coffee, but I had neither.
 One thing that happens frequently in Japan is that the outside of large buildings are painted and repaired. I still find this surprising since there is almost no maintenance done on machines and equipment which are just allowed to fall apart.
This is the other side of the same building. It gives a good view of the scaffolding that they erect when painting. This scaffolding was still being constructed, but when finished they will almost assuredly cover the outside with large sheets of plastic to cut down on the noise and the mess.

No comments: