Feb 6, 2011

A trip into town 06

 At the east end of the covered arcade, another arcade crosses, going north/south. If you turn south which I did not, the arcade is covered, but to the north it has covered walkways at the sides but the center portion is open to the sky.
 Within the last couple of years, they put in a hotel called the Smile Hotel, except for the name it looks like just another store. I have never been inside and do not know whether or not it is a love hotel. Notice that beside the entrance there is a 7/11 convenience store.
 This store has a very traditional Japanese look to it, a welcome relief from the nondescript stores around it.
This is a chain restaurant called Osho. I used to eat lunch at an Osho in Nagoya more than 30 years ago. They specialize in gyoza and Chinese food. It is cheap and good with large servings. I planned on eating there when I saw on TV that it had opened, but the day I took this picture was the first time that I had passed when there was not a line of people waiting to get in. On this day I passed during the afternoon, between meal times, so I did not stop. I had to think about, though.

No comments: